Pulmonary care involves treatment for your lungs and respiratory (or breathing) system. Your respiratory system is made up of three major parts: the airway, the lungs and the respiratory muscles. You may need to see a pulmonology specialist if you have breathing problems, a persistent cough or regularly cough up blood.
Our pulmonary doctors are committed to treating respiratory diseases and helping the Salt Lake City community breathe easily.
What types of lung disease do pulmonologists treat?
Our pulmonologists provide specialized care for patients suffering from lung conditions including:
- Acute bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
How are these lung conditions treated?
Our specialists administer advanced tests using state-of-the-art tools to measure lung function along with oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood. These breathing tests help our pulmonologists determine how well a patient's lungs are working.
We provide testing services such as:
- Arterial blood gas studies: Used to monitor how well your lungs are moving oxygen into the blood and removing carbon dioxide from the blood
- Pulmonary function tests: Measures how much air you can blow out, how much air your lungs can hold at different times and how fast you can blow air out
- Lung volume capacity tests
- Pulse oximetry: Procedure that measures the concentration of oxygen in the blood
- Night pulse oximetry: Test that measures the concentration of oxygen in the blood while sleeping